Doc's_Girl tagged me for 8 random thoughts about me.
(The rules: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. Write a post about your own random things. Post these rules. At the end of your blog, tag 8 people and post their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged.)
Only one problem. I don't know 8 people who have time to have some fun. If any of my regular readers would like to have some fun with this and post some random facts about themselves on their blog, please let me know in my comments section. I would love to read it.
1. I grew up in the late 70's and was really into rock (Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, etc). But, I was a teenager at the turn of the 80's. Damn those teenage years! Somehow I (clearly taken over by something evil) started listening to Culture Club. Yikes! Then came Air Supply. What got into me! Thankfully along came Metallica, who rescued me before I liked Wham!
2. Love. (warning sappy, mushy, gushy info comin') Hubby and I have been married for almost 13 years (despite his spending habit). Many didn't think it would last. For starters he is 5 years younger than me. We started dating when he was 18 (his dad's a lawyer-I sure wasn't going to go to jail-lol) and got married when he was 21. Add to that the stress of having a micropreemie and it's a miracle we are still together. I truly love him. I knew it early on. I can remember one day we were looking at backyard swings. We were sitting on one in a store and I had completely lost track of where I was or how long we were sitting there. It's that kind of peace that I wish everyone could feel. It's what has gotten us through our crazy life. He still tells me, every day, how much he loves me and how beautiful I am, despite my issue (see #3).
3. I miss being thin. I used to model. Tall and thin. I was 110 pounds (5'8") when hubby and I started dating. I'm not that anymore. I will be again one day though (in another life??).
4. I'm a vegetarian. Yep, an overweight vegetarian! (only I could pull this one off) I went to a meat packing plant (was supposed to be a field trip to a farm) on school field trip when I was 10. No more meat for me!
5. I used to be anorexic. 86 pounds (when I was a teenager-wonder if it had anything to do with Boy George-lol-it's all his fault) at my lowest. Hmm... an overweight vegetarian who is an ex anorexic. Any psych blogs out there?
6. I want a tattoo.
7. Suzy Homemaker and I do not come from the same bloodline. My house is not neat (clean but not neat). I hate doing dishes and don't ask me to wash windows. Hubby just finished cleaning our bathtub. (in all fairness-he replaced our brand new toilet with a super toilet and he wanted the whole bathroom to sparkle to show off his work-gotta love those male ego moments).
8. I am fascinated by all things relating to the ghost world. I love the show Ghost Hunters.